Terms & Conditions of Enrolment
- To ensure a place on the course of your choice, Limerick City College(LCC) English Language School strongly recommends that applicants enrol early by completing and signing the application form and returning with a booking deposit of €250 by fax or by post. Unsigned application forms cannot be processed.
- Upon receipt of a successful application, formal notification of acceptance and of course commencement dates and fees will be sent to the applicant by post, e-mail or fax.
- Course fees cover the cost of tuition only. Students must purchase the necessary textbook for the programme they enrol on. Fees must be paid in full seven days before course commencement. An administration fee of €75 will be deducted if applicants withdraw their application up to 7 working days prior to course commencement.
- LCC English Language School reserves the right to modify the contents of its courses and also reserves the right not to provide a course if an insufficient number of students applies.
- Course fees are not refundable under any circumstances, however, when a course is undersubscribed and does not commence, a full refund of all fees paid is given.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that he/she fulfils the minimum entry requirements for a given course.
- Students are required to inform LCC English Language School of any medical condition or disability which may affect attendance at the school or which may require additional provisions by the college.
NON-EEA STUDENT REFUND POLICY
Refund Policy (Note: GNIB – Garda National Immigration Bureau):
Grounds for a refund or partial refund of fees:
a. Irish Study Visa extension refusal (for students who are not successful in obtaining their visa). Any application for a refund must be made in writing and must be accompanied by both a copy of the rejection letter from the GNIB and a copy of their passport stamped. Please note: the rejection letter issued by the GNIB will be evaluated by the College in-order to assess grounds for any refund. All original letters issued by the College along with the student’s GNIB card must be returned to LCC administration before any refund can be considered.)
b. Illness or disability suffered after the student’s enrolment has been confirmed. In any such instance, a doctor’s certificate would be required to confirm.
c. Upon arrival to Limerick, should any student be refused access into Ireland for any reason, any application for a refund must be made in writing and be accompanied by both a copy of the rejection letter from the GNIB and a copy of their passport stamped. Please note: the rejection letter issued by the GNIB will be evaluated by the College in order to assess grounds for any refund.
- A refund will only be granted in respect of fees which have been paid for the most recent year in which (a) or (b) occurs. There is no automatic right to a refund of fees if at any time, a student changes his/her mind about studying at LCC.
- After course commencement, any student requiring to submit a refund request for any reason other than those specifically detailed above (a, b or c) will be required to have achieved a minimum attendance of 80% in accordance with GNIB (student visa requirements) at the time of request.
- If a student withdraws after course commencement no refund will be given.
- All course cancellations must be made in writing using the College’s “Tuition fees Refund” form before course commencement date.
- If a Student changes their course of study during their semester, no refunds would be given where the revised course involves fewer subjects.
- Students that are found to have provided incorrect information, resulting in their visa being refused shall be exempt from any form of refund.
- Whilst course commencement and completion dates are not expected to change, the College reserves the right to alter any previously detailed dates in order to facilitate or improve the provision of any course and any associated examination. Those changes will in no way affect the other terms and conditions of the student’s contract with the Administration. Should a change be necessary, the administration will not be liable to provide any form of compensation or refund.
- Please note an Administration fee of €250 will be deducted from all refunds given.
- Attendance is a provision of the student’s visa and non-attendance may result in loss of a Student’s permission to study and work in Ireland.
- Should students attendance fall below the requirement laid down by the GNIB and LCC at any time, disciplinary action will be taken against them which could result in them having their Enrolment with the LCC Terminated.
- In the event that a Student is unable to attend their class for any reason, written confirmation giving reason for nonattendance is required and should be given to the administration at the Students earliest opportunity. This requirement is mandatory for International students in order to comply with both the LCC andGNIB regulations.
- Please note: non-attendance certificates or letters cannot and will not replace the actual attendance of a student. A Students attendance will be submitted to the GNIB for review along with any letters or certificates provided to the administration by the Students. It will then be the role of the GNIB and not the LCC to assess the Validity of the Students reasons for non-attendance and decide whether a Students visa will be extended.
- Please be advised the minimum attendance required by GNIB is 80%.
- It is an encumbrance of the Student to ensure they have read and understand the above terms and conditions. They accept that by completing the signatory information below, they are agreeing to adhere to and be governed by them. They also understand that failure to do so could result in their Enrolment with the LCC being terminated.