Hours: 15 Hours per week
Start date: September & February
Level 5 (NFQ Level 6)
EU student: €1,850 pa
Non-EU Ireland: €1,850 pa
Non-EU Abroad: €4,500 pa
* Above Fees excl. Awarding Body Fees
Length: 1 Year
The travel, tourism and hospitality industry is today the largest and most pervasive sector within the global economy. The need to provide quality services in a business-oriented manner requires management leadership in all the main functional business areas (finance, marketing, human resource management and operations) as well as strategic leadership. ABE’s TTH qualifications provide a pathway through which students can develop a combination of key business skills and industry knowledge in preparation for the varied and exciting careers which the industry offers. The Diploma qualification consists of nine units. Learners must complete all seven mandatory units, plus two optional units. All units are mandatory to pass the Written Examination.
The Higher Diploma Qualification consists of 9 units. Learners must complete all 7 compulsory units and two optional from Parts 1 & 2:
Part 1 – Compulsory
- Economic Principles and Their Application to Business
- Financial Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
Part 2 – Compulsory:
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Operations Management
Part 2 – Optional (Two units):
- IT in Hospitality and Tourism Operations
- Customer Service Skills
- Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Business Law
Entry Requirements for Higher Diploma Courses
Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
- ABE Diploma TTH, Two “A” Level passes plus four GCSE passes at Grade A, B or C, two of which must be English and Maths
- Overseas qualifications which may be accepted by the Registrar as being equivalent to the above.
We welcome applications from candidates without formal qualifications who have been in appropriate employment for at least two years. A reference letter from employer(s) must accompany such applications.
Important ABE Dates
In order to take ABE examinations, students must be registered members of the Association. Registration and examination deadlines are strictly enforced. Entries received after the deadline will incur late entry fees.
Registration and exam entry closing dates vary but are generally two months prior to the exam sitting.